Each Tuesday, Wardeh at gnowfglins.com encourages us to share what we’ve been up to in our kitchens over the past week.
Here’s a glance at what’s been cooking around here..
1) Grilled Mango Salad with Aji Mirasol Bacon Dressing Fresh ripe mangoes, avocados and an aji mirasol-infused balsamic bacon dressing over watercress and field greens. I really liked this one, but it wasn’t particularly popular with my readers. Oh, well.
2) Pan-Seared Salmon, Fresh Peas and Mustard Beurre Blanc I really liked this one too, but my readers weren’t impressed. Tough crowd!
3) Huevos Rancheros Fresh, pastured eggs poached in roasted tomato salsa with fresh tortillas. Garlic, cumin, Aji Mirasol (a Peruvian chili whose means looking at the sun), onions and cilantro. A long-time favorite in my family.
4) Salade Niçoise Américaine A primal, seasonal all-American version of the venerable French Salade Niçoise.
5) Chili Lime Delicata Fries, Avocado Mayonnaise Wedges of oven-roasted delicata squash, seasoned with smoked chili powder and fresh lime, served with homemade avocado mayonnaise. This one drove a ton of traffic :-)
6) Smoked Beef Brisket Good old fashioned hickory-smoked Texas beef brisket with chili BBQ sauce.
7) Horchata Horchata is a traditional agua fresca made from rice, almonds and cinnamon. Really refreshing and costs just pennies to make.
8) Grilled Cheese Soup Homemade vegetable stock, sourdough croûtons, fresh basil, scallions, Roma tomatoes and raw cheeses.