Each Tuesday, fellow blogger Wardeh encourages us to share a bit about what sort of GNOWFGLINS have been twisting in our kitchens during the past week. What are GNOWFGLINS you ask? They are God’s Natural, Organic, Whole Foods, Grown Locally, In Season. You know, real food!
1) Wild Halibut en Persillade Thick-cut wild Alaskan halibut with a light coating of homemade coarse mustard and a persillade of chopped parsley and bread crumbs..
2) Wild Blueberry Biscuits with Maple Sugar and Rosemary A little savory and not too sweet. Good any time of day..
3) Pan-Roasted Moulard with Blackberry/Cranberry Chutney Succulent, aged Moulard duck breast with thyme, bay and a hint of freshly-grated nutmeg is pan-seared, then quickly roasted to a perfect medium-rare. Served with Armagnac-flamed pan juices, asparagus with garlic and parsley root, and gingered wild blackberry and cranberry chutney..
4) Lobster Bisque Maine lobster, cream, dry sherry, aromatic herbs and vegetables and shaved black truffles. A classic..
5) Fig Jam with Vanilla and Brandy Turkish figs, brandy, vanilla bean, fresh lemon and wildflower honey..
6) Curried Two-Pea Soup with Toasted Garlic and Crème Fraîche Split green and yellow peas are simmered in vegetable stock with Madras curry and fried onions, then topped with crunchy toasted garlic, Maldon sea salt flakes and a dollop of crème fraîche..
7) Poached Pear with Dark Chocolate, Creme Anglaise and Balsamic Port Reduction Organic Starkrimson pear poached in Tawny port wine, vanilla and peppercorns and served with dark chocolate, crème anglaise and a balsamic port reduction..
8) Conchiglie con Salsiccia di Pollo Coarsely-ground pastured chicken, spinach, sweet onions, garlic and yellow tomatoes tossed with conchiglie pasta, cream, saffron, Grana Padano and fresh herbs..
So, that’s what my week looked like. Let’s head over to Wardeh’s house to see what wonders await..