Real-food blogger Wardeh is hosting her weekly Tuesday Twister Blog Carnival, the purpose of which is to share through words and pictures what we’ve had going on in our kitchens this past week..
1) Smoked Duck Tostadas Thinly-sliced apple wood-smoked duck breast, toasted guajillo salsa, crèma Mexicana, pickled red onions & jalapeños, field greens with cilantro, fresh avocado, fried black beans and pumpkin-balsamic vinaigrette.
2) BBQ Pork Cheeks with Charro Beans and Vegetable Escabèche Heritage pork cheeks are slow-roasted with tomatoes, onions, peaches and chipotle and served with long-simmered charro beans and vegetable escabèche..
3) Chopped Beefsteak with Mushroom Gravy 70’s-style chopped beefsteak with mushroom gravy, real mashed potatoes and blue lake green beans.
4) Red Lentil Dahl with Spinach and Curried Yogurt Made with spices of Ayurvedic importance, this is a powerfully healthy and healing dish..
5) Thought you might like to see this almost foot-long sweet potato that showed up in my bushel today. Big enough to feed a small army!
6) This is fresh pork belly that was braised for 1/2 day in stock, aromatic herbs and vegetables, bay, salt, orange and cinnamon. After it chills overnight in the braising liquid it will be ready for any number of different recipes.
It was a pretty OK week but oh, man, that beefsteak sure tasted like home.
I’m off to Twisterville to get some ideas for next week. See ya!