Save the Date!! May 7, 2011
Third Annual International
Raw Milk Symposium to Highlight
Choice for Producer and Consumer
April 11, 2011–Falls Church, VA—The explosive increase in raw milk consumption—according to CDC statistics, at least ten million Americans now consume raw milk—has created innovative partnerships between consumers and their farmers. By accepting responsibility in their food choices, Americans are paving the way to the next phase of the US local food movement: partnership with producers to ensure we a way of providing raw milk and other healthy foods that our families require for good health.
The Farm-to-Consumer Foundation and the Foundation for Consumer Free Choice will co-host the Third Annual Raw Milk Symposium: Producer-Consumer-Choice in Bloomington, Minnesota. The event will be held on Saturday, May 7, 2011, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm at the Embassy Suites Hotel in Bloomington. It is open to the public. Farmers and consumers are especially invited to learn more about the safety and health benefits of Raw Milk as well as the critical relationship between producers and Consumers
Featured speakers at the event include:
- Ted Beals, M.S., M.D. – He is a retired pathologist with a special interest in the relationship of raw milk to the specific facts surrounding its safety.
- Sally Fallon Morell, M.A. – Author of the best-selling cookbook, Nourishing Traditions and President of the Weston A. Price Foundation.
- David Gumpert – Author, journalist and reporter, and host of the on-line journal, The Complete Patient. His most recent book is The Raw Milk Revolution.
- Sylvia Onusic, Ph.D. – A nutritionist and writer/journalist in the areas of traditional and whole foods and public health with a particular knowledge of the European perspective.
- Michael Schmidt – Trained in biodynamic farming in Germany, he moved to his farm in Canada in 1983 where he won a monumental court decision in 2009 for raw milk access.
- Catherine Shanahan, M.D. – Author of the books Deep Nutrition and Food Rules, she is a board certified family physician trained in biochemistry and genetics.
- Alan Watson – Author of two books, 21 Days to a Healthy Heart and Cereal Killer, which delineates the unintended consequences of the typically recommended low fat diet.
The Farm-to-Consumer Foundation through education and charitable relief, supports farmers engaged in sustainable farm stewardship and promotes consumer access to local, nutrient dense food.
To learn more about the Farm-to-Consumer Foundation, or to make a donation, visit their website, http://farmtoconsumerfoundation.org. The phone number is: 513-407-8899.
Press Contact: Kimberly Hartke, Publicist
A Campaign for Real Milk, realmilk.com
703-860-2711, cell 703-675-5557
Online Version of this Release: http://westonaprice.org/press2/2185-3rd-annual-international-raw-milk-symposium-to-highlight-choice-for-producer-and-consumer
Raw Milk Symposium Official Website: http://www.farmtoconsumerfoundation.org/rawmilksymposium/index.htm
Exhibitor information: http://www.farmtoconsumerfoundation.org/rawmilksymposium/exhibits.htm
Spread the Word (Downloadable Flyer, Web Ads): http://www.farmtoconsumerfoundation.org/rawmilksymposium/flyer/index.htm