Each Tuesday, Wardeh at gnowfglins.com encourages us to share what’s been twisting in our kitchens over the past week.
Welcome to La Tornade de Mardi, the Tuesday Twister for October 13th!
1) Roasted Winter Squash Roasted winter squash with smoked bacon, poblano peppers, onions and toasted cumin seed. These flavors were just meant to come together.
2) Avocado Black Bean Quesadillas Ridiculously inexpensive and outrageously good, I say.
3) Rib-eye Steak Far superior in taste, grass-fed beef is at its best when simply prepared using just a few ingredients.
4) Pindi Chana A traditional, healing curry of tomatoes, onions, chiles, cashews and spices fried in ghee with chickpeas, plump raisins, fresh pomegranate seeds and cilantro. Even people who “don’t like Indian food” tend to love this dish.
5) Roasted Corn Chowder with Scallops and Bacon I got a shout out from the extraordinarily generous Top Chef Master Rick Bayless on this one.
6) Shirred Eggs with Grilled Ham, Peppers and Roasted Tomatillo Salsa Shirred duck eggs with grilled smoked ham & peppers, roasted tomatillo salsa and fried tortillas.
That’s my story, and I’m sticking to it. Now let’s go see what our most talented neighbors have been up to!