Each Tuesday, Wardeh at gnowfglins.com encourages us to share what we’ve been up to in our kitchens over the past week.
Here’s a look at what’s been going on around here the last few days..
1) Pork Stew with Chipotle and Plantains A simple weeknight sort of meal. This one could easily be made into a Cuban or Jamaican dish.
2) Brussels Sprouts and Ham in Mustard Cheese Sauce Loved this. May try adding smoked black pepper next time.
3) Huevos con Tocino y Salsa Verde I have eggs at least 4 times/week. Got smart & made enough salsa to last several few days.
4) Chocolate Maya Nut Cake Loved the idea & it tasted fine, but I think I’ve lost my enthusiasm for dessert.
5) Creole Beans and Rice Red beans & rice is one of my standby comfort meals.
6) Cryptolaemus montrouzieri ? If so, this the larval stage of a beneficial predator and not a garden pest. We’ll see what happens when I introduce a couple thousand ladybugs this weekend!
7) Basil with Green Anole Found this guy hanging out in the basil. His bright green color indicates that he’s a healthy & non-threatened specimen 🙂
8) Mango Mole The slightly sweet, warm chile/cinnamon flavors were amazing when paired with the tart pickled onions.
Well, that’s a wrap.. let’s go see what everyone else has been up to!