Each Tuesday, Wardeh at gnowfglins.com encourages us to share what we’ve been up to in our kitchens over the past week.
One practical benefit of the Tuesday Twister is the ability to see at-a-glance whether I’m hitting my diet/nutritional goals or not. I can immediately see for instance, that I need to increase my intake of fermented/pro-biotic foods.
Here’s a look back..
1) Salmon Cakes with Sauce Rémoulade Made from homemade mayonnaise, fresh herbs, capers and cornichons, sauce rémoulade is a perfect contrast for spicy, pan-fried salmon cakes. With lots of healthy Omega-3s, this one’s staying in rotation.
2) Rosemary Garlic Lamb Chops with Mint Peas and Wild Rice Local, pastured lamb loin chops with rosemary garlic demi-glace, fresh peas with fried shallots and mint, and mushroom wild rice. Bring on those fall flavors!
3) Deep Chili With pastured beef, chiles, onions, water & little else, this 1880’s style chile con carne really hit the spot.
4) Chicken à la King Another classic from the 1800’s, made with local organic ingredients. I just had this again for lunch today.
5) Mayan Banana Bread With sprouted spelt, roasted Maya nut and mashed bananas, this nutrient-dense, low-gluten bread tastes of coffee and chocolate, but contains neither. Highly recommended.
6) Pan-seared Lamb Chops with Garlic, Mint & Grape Tomatoes I hadn’t intended to turn this one into a blog post, but the flavors were so amazing that I wanted to document this one for later.