Each Tuesday, Wardeh at gnowfglins.com encourages us to share what we’ve been up to in our kitchens over the past week.
Gravitating towards a more primal diet, my focus this last week has primarily been on simple, fresh ingredients that are served raw and/or minimally-cooked.
Here are a few examples..
1) Loin of Rabbit with Pancetta, Porcini and Wild Onions De-glaze the pan with an ounce of Armagnac and stir up all the brown bits with the edge of a wooden spoon. Add 1/4 cup of chicken stock and reduce slightly..
2) Bengal Lentils with Pea Shoots and Wild Pomegranate A traditional, healing dish of sprouted lentils in a spicy, savory tomato sauce with toasted whole spices, onions, peppers, pea shoots and wild pomegranate seeds..
3) Antidote Salad At home this evening, I knew I needed to make up for the nutritionally empty & otherwise damaging lunch, so I gathered up what I could from the garden, pantry and fridge and made this Antidote Dinner Salad..
4) Filet de Bœuf Béarnaise Pan-roasted grass-fed filet mignon, asparagus tips, shiitake mushrooms, heirloom tomato and sauce béarnaise..
5) Corn Spaghetti with Duck Egg Aioli Pungent Chesnok red garlic, duck eggs and 100% organic corn pasta..
Overall, a pretty satisfying, nourishing week. Now let’s go see what wonders await at the home of the Tuesday Twister!