Each week, fellow real food-blogger Wardeh encourages us to take look back and share a little about what’s been twisting in our kitchens over the last week. Pastured beef and lamb prevailed for 4 days here, along with a savory vegetarian meal and couple of not-too-sweet treats..
1) Stash Cookies Cultured butter, papelón, piloncillo oscuro, raw cacao beans and wild cinnamon. Oh, my.
2) Mesquite Grilled Beef Heart Burrito Grass-fed beef heart is marinated and grilled over a mesquite fire before being simmered with tomatoes, garlic and smoky chipotles en adobo. I missed an opportunity to do something interesting with all the blood, but a couple of real-food bloggers come to the rescue on that score.
3) Ancho-Grilled Sirloin with Avocado and Papaya Pesto Grass-fed sirloin is dry-rubbed with freshly-ground ancho chiles, roasted paprika, cumin, smoked pepper and sea salt and then pan-grilled and served with a raw avocado oil-based pesto containing cilantro, garlic, bits of dried papaya, macadamia nuts and chipotle powder.
4) Rosemary and Garlic Roast Leg of Lamb with Minted English Peas Local pastured leg of lamb is coated with fresh rosemary, garlic, coarse salt and cracked pepper then slow-roasted and served au jus with fresh peas, spearmint and fried shallots. The leftovers went became Lamb Vindaloo two days later..
5) Cultured Ginger Peach Smoothie Home-cultured milk, fresh ginger, peaches, lemon and raw wildflower honey make a powerfully pro-biotic, anti-inflammatory and warming beverage.
6) Savory Bread and Cheese Pudding Sprouted wheat and wild yeast sourdough bread, pastured eggs, fresh milk, spinach, onions, garlic, sweet peppers and aged cheeses..
I’m off to gnowfglins.com to see what else has been twisting these last few days before Thanksgiving..