Each Tuesday, fellow blogger Wardee (aka the Dairy Diva) encourages us to take a look back at what we’ve had going on, twisting, in our kitchens over the previous week. While I’ve been too busy to post a lot lately, I certainly haven’t stopped eating :-)
1) Roasted Broccoli Risotto with homemade vegetable stock, asiago, safflower stamens and toasted pine nuts. A Meatless Monday dish.
2) Criques au Caviar, light potato pancakes with spring onions, homemade crème fraîche and domestic caviar..
3) Tulsi Chai, ripped from the pages of The Herb Companion, a soothing and healing decoction of holy basil, green tea, fresh ginger, cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg with fresh milk and a touch of raw honey..
4) Adobo-fried Pork with salsa fresca and chunky guacamole. Three cheers for an extended growing season!
5) Green Chili Stew with Fried Black Beans and Roasted Chicken, Hatch chilies and roasted tomatillos simmered in chicken stock thickened with fresh corn flour and served with cumin-fried black beans and garlic-roasted chicken..
6) Korean-style BBQ Short Ribs marinated in soy, sesame, fresh ginger and scallions, served taco-style in a butter lettuce cup with black bean garlic paste, fermented kimchi and Sriracha sauce.
So, there you have it. What say we head over to the home of the Twister and see what wonders await..