Real-food blogger Wardeh is hosting her weekly Tuesday Twister Blog Carnival, the purpose of which is to share through words and pictures what we’ve had going on, twisting, in our own kitchens this past week.
Here is my recap for this week; can’t wait to see what everyone else has been up to!
I just realized that almost everything I’ve made lately is primarily red in color. I wonder what’s up with that?
1) Heirloom Salsa. Roasted heirloom tomatoes, garlic, sweet onions and peppers, raw tomatoes, cilantro and lime. All lacto-fermented into a pro-biotic riot of flavor.
2) Pulled Pork Posole. Pastured pork simmered overnight with chilies and tomatoes then flavored with slaked nixtamal.
3) Hard-Boiled Eggs Masala. Pastured eggs smothered in butter-fried onions, tomatoes and whole spices. Definitely the highlight of the week.
4) Cherry Mountain Bread Experiment. Ranier cherries, kefir, melted butter, soaked flour, cacao nibs, baking powder. Crust was a little weird. Promising, but needs more work.
5) Quesadillas. Oh, yeah.
6) Crawfish Étoufée. I’m walkin’ to New Orleans..